Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Assistant
The Environmental Compliance Department at Forest Lawn is responsible for ensuring all operations are in compliance with federal, state and local EOHS regulations. The EOHS Assistant is an entry level position that will assist with compliance tracking, recordkeeping, and training in the areas of air quality, water quality, waste management, employee safety, and land development.
- Tracking compliance with all applicable SCAQMD rules. Includes permit conditions, annual emission inventory reports, coatings, fuel dispensing, and refrigerant use.
- Tracking all safety training within the organization to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Assisting the Senior EOHS Specialist with updating and maintaining the Material Safety Data Sheet database and department electronic binders.
- Tracking compliance with all waste management requirements related hazardous, medical, and universal wastes.
- Preparing reports on EOHS related compliance data for various programs.
- Assisting with compliance documentation related to CARB fleet rules and portable equipment.
- Assisting the Senior EOHS Specialist with revisions to our written programs and employee training.
- Assisting the Senior EOHS Specialist with the physical inspection of facilities and emergency response plan activities.
- Providing day to day direct support to Park Vice Presidents, Department Heads, Supervisors and employees.
- Assisting the VP-Environmental Compliance with tracking compliance of all land development related resource permits and mitigation measures.
Bachelors Degree in an EOHS related field. Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs. Valid CADL required. Typical schedule is M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Bilingual a plus.