On a recent blog, we discussed the importance of Endowment Care and how it is used to care for your memorial property now and in the future.
Part of that care encompasses maintaining the beauty of the grounds. The lush, green sweeping vistas that our property owners appreciate require much care, attention and, of course, water.
Forest Lawn has long been committed to responsibly using natural resources such as water, which is why we’ve led the way in water conservation for more than 25 years.
Among the steps we’ve taken are:
- Using recycled water to irrigate all the grounds at Hollywood Hills, our largest Memorial-Park
- Landscaping with drought-tolerant plants wherever possible
- Implementing 100% recycled water irrigation at Covina Hills by the end of 2015
- Installing sensor-activated faucets, low flow toilets and waterless urinals in our buildings
- Reviewing and retrofitting our current irrigation systems to be even more water efficient
- Utilizing the California Irrigation Management Information System (CIMIS) to incorporate weather data and evapotranspiration (ETO) rates to irrigate with maximum precision.
As we move towards the future, Forest Lawn is reviewing our development plans to ensure that we are on the cutting-edge of water conservation, while striving to maintain the beauty we are known for.
With these and other measures in place, we look forward to welcoming families to our parks for their reflection, visitation and enjoyment for generations to come.