Visiting the Grounds
- Please respect the privacy of people who are attending funerals or visiting family memorials.
- Please avoid walking across interment sections except to visit interment spaces. Walk with care around memorial tablets, lawn vases and sprinkler heads.
- Please ensure that children under 16 years of age are accompanied by an adult.
- Picnicking and lying down on lawns or benches on the grounds are prohibited.
- Loitering is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds or in the buildings.
- Feeding or disturbing birds is prohibited.
- Please be careful not to damage trees and plants or pick flowers.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings.
- Feel free to place fresh cut flowers. You may also place potted plants smaller than one gallon in volume or 8 inches in diameter, but they must be placed on tablets or in ground vases to protect the grass.
- Limited to 3 floral placements per space.
- Funeral Flowers are removed on the third day following interment.
- Holiday decorations removed on posted removal dates.*
- Items that are not allowed (such as artificial flowers, ornaments, borders, fences, planter boxes, balloons, spinners, solar lights, statues, stones, glass and ceramic containers, etc.) will be removed.
- Flowers along with decorations accompanying them will be removed when flowers become wilted.
* Holiday decorations cannot exceed 4 feet in height, may not use support wires, limit maintenance access, create a safety concern, nor impede on another interment space.
Forest Lawn shall remove decorations when they become unsightly or do not meet the standards established. Forest Lawn shall not be responsible for decorations or flowers so removed or for flowers or decorations stolen, lost, or damaged.
- Drive your motor vehicle at a safe speed, not exceeding the posted speed limit.
- Please turn down your radio so that the sound cannot be heard outside the vehicle.
- Please avoid parking in front of an open interment site unless you are part of a funeral procession.
- When parking on a hill or grade, turn your wheels safely into the curb, and be sure to set the parking brake.
- All photography (still or video) inside buildings is prohibited, except at funerals, weddings, and other private services with the consent of the person(s) in charge.
- No commercial or professional photography is allowed under any circumstances without the express written consent of Forest Lawn.
- No wedding photography in connection with weddings held outside the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks is permitted anywhere on the premises.
Your Safety is Important
- Please be particularly careful when walking on slopes, damp grass, or grass covered with pine needles as they can be very slippery
- After sunset, please stay within lighted areas.
- When you leave your car, lock it and take or conceal any valuables.
- Please be aware that we do have wildlife in our parks.
- WARNING: Floral arrangements that use floral foam can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- WARNING: Jewelry, vases, painted glassware and ceramics, tableware, ornaments and decorations can expose you to chemicals including lead and cadmium, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov