These guidelines help us to ensure that all of our guests feel safe and welcome at Forest Lawn Memorial Parks. Check our mobile app for additional info and features, like turn-by-turn navigation and informative audio tours that you can listen to as you explore our most iconic art and landmarks.
For more than a century, Forest Lawn has been an integral part of Southern California
Get Personalized Help
Do you need to make arrangements for yourself or your loved one? Give us a call anytime, day or night.
1 (888) 204-3131
U.S. Toll Free
+1 (323) 254-3131
Visiting the Grounds
- Please respect the privacy of people who are attending funerals or visiting family memorials.
- Please avoid walking across interment sections except to visit interment spaces. Walk with care around memorial tablets, lawn vases and sprinkler heads.
- Please ensure that children under 16 years of age are accompanied by an adult.
- Picnicking and lying down on lawns or benches on the grounds are prohibited.
- Loitering is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds or in the buildings.
- Feeding or disturbing birds is prohibited.
- Please be careful not to damage trees and plants or pick flowers.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings.
- Please feel free to place fresh cut flowers at any of our Memorial – Park locations.*
- Please place potted plants no larger than eight inches in diameter or one gallon in volume on tablets or vases (in order to protect the grass).
- Please limit placements to no more than three per interment space.
- Cut flowers will be removed in approximately five days.
- Funeral flowers will be removed in approximately three days.
- Ornaments, borders, fences, planter boxes, balloons, spinners, statues, stones, or other items which do not conform to the rules and regulations of the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks are not permitted. All placements not conforming to these rules will be removed.
*Artificial flowers are permitted at the Cathedral City location only, due to extreme climate conditions.
- Drive your motor vehicle at a safe speed, not exceeding the posted speed limit.
- Please turn down your radio so that the sound cannot be heard outside the vehicle.
- Please avoid parking in front of an open interment site unless you are part of a funeral procession.
- When parking on a hill or grade, turn your wheels safely into the curb, and be sure to set the parking brake.
- All photography (still or video) inside buildings is prohibited, except at funerals, weddings, and other private services with the consent of the person(s) in charge.
- No commercial or professional photography is allowed under any circumstances without the express written consent of Forest Lawn.
- No wedding photography in connection with weddings held outside the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks is permitted anywhere on the premises.
Your Safety is Important
- Please be particularly careful when walking on slopes, damp grass, or grass covered with pine needles as they can be very slippery
- After sunset, please stay within lighted areas.
- When you leave your car, lock it and take or conceal any valuables.
- Please be aware that we do have wildlife in our parks.
- WARNING: Floral arrangements that use floral foam can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- WARNING: Jewelry, vases, painted glassware and ceramics, tableware, ornaments and decorations can expose you to chemicals including lead and cadmium, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov