Poetry has been a part of humanity’s written expression for centuries. It is a form of writing where a special emphasis is put on the use of rhythm and structure to help express the thoughts and feelings of the author.
There are many styles of poems, including free verse, Haiku, elegy, limerick, sonnet, acrostic, soliloquy, ode, villanelle, and ballad. One of the most famous poetic lines comes from William Shakespeare’s soliloquy in the play Hamlet, where the prince opens with the phrase, “To be or not to be that is the question,” as he weighs the pain and unfairness of his life. It has been quoted and referenced to in countless songs, theatrical productions, and other literature.
As a tip of the cap to April being National Poetry Month, we would like to rephrase the line a bit to read: “To plan or not to plan that is the question.” We at Forest Lawn are big believers in planning, as we have learned over our 100-plus years of service that it proves most beneficial to those who do. Whether planning for life insurance, education, retirement, or funeral services, it makes good fiscal and emotional sense.
Here are some reasons to consider:
- Your family and loved ones will feel confident they are honoring your final wishes.
- It may reduce disagreements among family, plus make it more personal to you and your story.
- It helps reduce stress during an already very emotional and grief-stricken time for your loved ones. Because you’re able to think much more clearly, important decisions are given more time for proper consideration during a pre-need appointment.
- The products and services you select during pre-planning will be guaranteed at the time of your passing. This will take care of most of the expenses associated with your funeral.
- Without a pre-need plan, your family will be burdened with over a hundred decisions to make within the first 48 hours of a death at a time when they’re already grief-stricken.
If you would like to learn more about pre-planning cemetery property and funeral services, our caring planners will gladly answer any questions you may have. Call 1-888-204-3131 or visit us at www.ForestLawn.com.