Spring is here! You’ve probably noticed that the days are getting longer, especially after we moved our clocks forward an hour a couple of weeks ago as we “sprang ahead” for Daylight Savings.
Many people use this extra daylight as a good excuse to get their annual spring cleaning done around the house. If you’re planning to take advantage of the nice weather and longer daylight hours to get organized, here are some tips to consider when doing spring cleaning:
- Get rid of your junk – If you have things that you haven’t used for years, sell, donate or dispose of them.
- Consolidate – Repack the items you decide to keep into smaller, more carefully packed and sealed containers.
- Consider a closet organization system – They are plentiful and affordable.
- Dispose of out-of-date medications – Check with your local waste management company for the best methods to do this.
- If you have a garage, consider using the area above your car – A ceiling mount shelf system will help unclutter the garage.
- Store garden tools in a shed, not the garage – Gardening items do well in such storage. It will free up garage space for clean storage.
This is also a good time to do some spring cleaning of personal paperwork and making sure your important papers are in order—life insurance, will, retirement income, and funeral/cemetery plans. If you haven’t taken care of your memorial wishes yet, we can help you with that important decision. Our professional and compassionate counselors can answer your questions and help you take care of this matter to protect your family and give yourself peace of mind. Give us a call at 1-800-204-3131 or visit us online at www.forestlawn.com.